Mounting an ISO to your server can be useful for OS re-installations, or mounting a live-CD for troubleshooting issues. To mount an ISO:
- Connect to the Intergrid IPMI VPN.
- Login to IPMI and launch the KVM console.
- Select the Virtual Media dropdown menu from the toolbar and select “Virtual Storage”.
- Under Device 1 Tab, Choose “ISO File” from the drop down menu under “Logical Drive Type”.
- Click on “Open Image” and select the Operating System ISO file.
- Click “Plug in” button and press OK.
- Confirm that the ISO has been correctly mounted by looking in the Connection Status History pane.
- Then go to the “Power Control” tab and Select “Set Power Reset” to reboot the server.
- Your server should now reboot into the ISO that was mounted.
If the system does not boot into the ISO, you may need to select the boot media manually:
- Press F11 when prompted during system boot to invoke the Boot Menu.
- Select “ATEN Virtual CDROM” to boot through the Virtual Media. The system will reboot into the mounted ISO.